Let’s begin by saying welcome back to a first full week of school since winter break. I missed the class so much and glad they enjoyed their break. I want to congratulate Alan and Imani for participating in the spelling bee. They represented our class well! I also want to congratulate all the students that received an award from me for growing in either their MI score or RI score! They are all making great growth! Continue to read at home!
Parents, Thursday folders go home every Thursday please look for them as well as the newsletter. Yesterday’s Thursday folder consisted of many important items. Please review papers with your child.
In today’s Thursday folder you will find:
- Social Studies test on WWI and Post War from Wednesday’s test- please sign and return it. Please remind students to study notes and study guide when studying for all tests.
- Human Growth and Development Permission Form- due February 1st.
- Chaperone field trip form- if you would like to chaperone the TN aquarium fieldtrip- please read CAREFULLY- due Feb 1st as well.
- Many graded papers.
- SMI report
- New behavior system- have your child explain how it is used.
New specials rotation has begun and the students are really enjoying the changes. We are excited about the benefit to our students.
- Math 2. Math 3. PE. 4. Art 5. Writing 6. Writing 7. Music 8. PE 9. Science
We are running low on the following items- any would benefit our students: band aids, tissues, and pencils. If you have any donations of these items, please send them in. Thanks so much!
What we are studying:
Reading – quoting from the text accurately and inferencing informational text.
Writing – Students have written two informational pieces in 2017 so far. We are now working on planning their narrative, writing their introduction, adding dialogue and imagery to their writing.
SS- WWI and Post War Activities. Today we began Great Depression.
Math – Geometry. Attributes of two dimensional figures. We have been working on this for three weeks.
February 6 & 8: Human Growth and Development
February 17: Jump Rope for Heart
February 20-24: Winter Break
March 3: Read Across America Day